200 g blue cheese
100 g cream cheese
175 ml cream
2 kg chicken wings
200 g chicken mince
40 g PEPPADEW® Sweet Piquanté Peppers Mild Whole
1 small red chilli, finely chopped
5 g panko crumbs
1 parsley sprig finely chopped
15 ml olive oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Separate the drumette from the wing through the joint. Keep the 2 variations separate and chilled until required.
- In a bowl, mix cream cheese, chicken mince, half of the blue cheese, finely chopped chilli, chopped PEPPADEW® Sweet Piquanté Peppers, breadcrumbs and parsley.
- Place the stuffing into a piping bag with a small nozzle, fill each wing and fold over each wing to enclose. Wrap the wing tightly with cling wrap in a cylinder shape, leaving the winglet bone exposed.
- Poach the stuffed wings in simmering, salted water for approximately 15 minutes or until firm. Set aside in a fridge to cool. Once chicken wings have cooled, remove cling wrap and discard.
- Toss the drumettes in a bowl with oil, salt and pepper. Scatter on to a tray and place in a preheated oven at 180⁰ C for 15 minutes. Remove and chill until needed.
- To make sauce, heat cooking cream to a light simmer, then remove from the heat and add remaining blue cheese. Stir through until melted.
- Place both types on a preheated barbecue or griddle pan and cook until charred and heated through.
- Serve chicken drizzled with blue cheese sauce or on the side.
Use the cheese sauce as a dip and chicken as finger foods and bar snack