45 g cream cheese
750 ml cream
750 g cherries, pitted
1 tbsp corn flour
1 ½ tbsp glucose
100 g caster sugar
1 g salt
2 g vanilla extract
30 ml coconut liqueur
20 g coconut shavings
20 g PEPPADEW® Sweet Piquanté Peppers Hot Whole
25 g bittersweet chocolate
- Drain the cherries from the jar, reserving the liquid. Cut ¾ of the cherries in half and refrigerate. Place the cream cheese in a small bowl, mash with a fork, then set aside. Mix the corn flour and a small amount of cooking cream and set aside.
- In a large pot, mix the cooking cream with glucose and sugar. Bring to the boil over a medium heat. On a simmer, continue stirring for about 4 minutes. Remove from heat, stir in the corn flour mixture and bring back to a boil. Cook for an additional minute, stirring constantly until the mixture thickens slightly.
- Add the cream mixture to the cream cheese, whisking to incorporate. Add salt, vanilla extract and ¼ cup of reserved cherry juice. Let the mixture cool completely over an ice bath or at room temperature. Refrigerate the cooled mixture for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Using a fine strainer, pass the liquid. Add the coconut liqueur to the liquid ice cream and PEPPADEW® Sweet Piquanté Peppers before pouring into an ice cream maker. Once in the ice cream machine, add the chocolate and sour cherries while it is mixing, or towards the end.
- Transfer into a container and finish in freezer for another few hours until solid.
- Serve garnished with coconut and chocolate shavings.
Serve with wafer biscuits